Basestation CD (Download)?

The place to chat about using the BaseStation / SBS systems, ask questions, and to post any tips, tricks or stories about how you've used it. We'd also like to hear any suggestions you have for new functionality which we can add to the system.

Moderators: KineticDavid, admin, KineticChris, Moderators

Basestation CD (Download)?

Postby sniper9652 » August 30th, 2009, 4:06 pm

Hi all, sorry, having a bit of trouble getting the current software to run on a laptop! I downloaded and burnt this off the downloads page for SBS 1:

BaseStation CD
The are the files that are found on the BaseStation CD (including SBS-1 drivers).

This is the CD version of 1.1.1.130, and is provided for those people who are doing a complete reinstall, or a fresh install on a new machine. To make a new install CD, simply download this zip file, unzip the files, and burn them onto a CD.

Date:24 Apr 2008
Size 14.83MB

Onto a disc and loaded it onto my laptop (Win XP sp2 home) the radar screen comes up showing Software 1.1.1.130 and Firmware: build 0?

It is not communicating with the SBS 1 box?

It looks like I need v301 firmware before I download ( too late now), is this on the download?

The CD I made seem to load OK I think although it did not auto run at first until I clicked on it in the file? Is there a procedure that I have to follow to load it on correctly?

Thanks in advance, Steve
sniper9652

Postby SabreJV » August 30th, 2009, 4:17 pm

What did you have the the SBS running on before?

Unless the SBS was running a very old Basestation version - one that does not use a sqb database but individual xml files for aircraft then the firmware does not need update.

If you still have a desktop PC and is that was working then check the software and firmware versions on that. My guess is the laptop install will be at fault and probably it is the usb drivers that are either missing or not properly installed.

I would just go to the FTDI site and download and run the driver executable install then see if that sorts things out.

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM%202.04.16.exe

==
Sabrejv
SabreJV

Postby bones » August 30th, 2009, 5:54 pm

It looks like I need v301 firmware before I download ( too late now), is this on the download?

You need 3.0.1 (or 3.0.6 if using Ethernet) to run BaseStation 130. This is a separate download from the Kinetic site.

See http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/Kinetic/Article/Barebones46_Upgrades.htm for more details.
bones

Postby sniper9652 » September 3rd, 2009, 2:23 pm

bones wrote:

You need 3.0.1 (or 3.0.6 if using Ethernet) to run BaseStation 130. This is a separate download from the Kinetic site.

See http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/Kinetic/Article/Barebones46_Upgrades.htm for more details.

Thanks for the link bones but it does'nt work ?(for mwe anyway!)

My SBS-1 has ran for a long time on My PC and runs on FW 3.0.1 and SW 129 (that is what shows when I click 'about basestation' on top of the radar screen!

My problem is trying to load it onto my laptop? I have burnt the downloadable istallation onto disc (version 1.1.1.130) as advised!

I have now deleted all atempted Basestation programs off my Laptop in order to try again from scratch! Could you list for me, in order the exact sequence (idiots guide) that I should follow to load FW 301 and BS 1.1.1.130 on the laptop!

Regards, Steve
sniper9652

Postby bones » September 3rd, 2009, 4:03 pm

Sorry - mywebsite is undergoing some changes and all the old links will be dead. Try http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/SBS/Article/Barebones46_Upgrades.htm

You say your SBS box already has the 3.0.1. firmware installed. If so you shouldn't touch it again. Your laptop only needs the BaseStation software and the FTD drivers installing on it.

I suggest you install the BaseStation 130 download rather than the CD version and install the drivers separately as suggested by Sabre.

Do NOT plug the SBS into your laptop until after the drivers are installed - and do not RUN the BaseStation software. The correct order is:

Install BaseStation
Install drivers
Plug the SBS in and let window detect the new hardware
If all the above goes well start BaseStation and let it run through the detection and start up routine.

Try the above and if it fails tell us at what point the failure occurs.
bones

Return to Discussion